Links

Sunday, July 27, 2014

On 5:21 PM by Cup of Jo   4 comments

Our assignment for week one was to research a company or non-profit organization and find the way the company has been utilizing online and offline channels. The company I chose was Chipotle Mexican Grill. 

Based off my findings Chipotle is utilizing multiple channels to enable customers to place orders wherever they are. People can place an order online for pick-up at the nearest Chipotle location, and they can also use its official mobile app to order on the go.

To pull off a successful muilti-channel strategy, a retail store needs to determine the key tasks or actions that customers perform throughout the shopping experience, and then let them accomplish those tasks across multiple channels. Recognizing that there is value in reaching out to its customer in a meaningful and creative way, Chipotle has embraced a new wave of marketing focused on developing more "owned media" and visible event strategies, both of which tend to appeal to its ideal customer base: millennials.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, if I had a phone at the moment, I think I would like to prepare my burrito via an app. I had done it before with a pizza on a desktop and I remember it being an interesting experience. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great name for your blog!
    Now that you're blogging, include links that support your topic. Possibly other blog posts about he same topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jooooo!!! Very informative and straight to it. Love the Chipotle is getting on the same strategy as Pizza Hut and others. They should really advertise it more, but then I feel they should up their advertising game all together. I can't remember the last time I saw an ad from them. Hmmm..

    Love your Blog name.. your layout is a little hard to read though. Just saying lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. As more and more are using mobile technology, I think this move for Chipotle came natural. They have built on their brand enough that their customers know, whether physically going through the build-your-burrito process or placing it online, that it will get the same quality end product.

    I'm with Nicole on the idea of them (Chipotle) advertising this feature more. I think we all know by now how incredibly long, even if it does consistently move at a good pace, the lines become during peak hours. If more people knew of this sales channel, Chipotle can add to its continuing growth in sales by keeping more returning customers (instead of them leaving because of the stress that comes with waiting in lines).

    ReplyDelete