Links

Sunday, August 10, 2014

On 5:32 PM by Cup of Jo   No comments
Every time I log on to my email, at times it may seem like such a daunting task. I open it up and my inbox is flooded with mail from Groupon, TED, Amazon, AIGA, Linkedin, etc. I obviously have interest in most of them. If I didn't I could easily unsubscribe myself from the all day, everyday, harassment.

One of my favorite email subscriptions is Linkedin. When Linkedin sends you emails they send you updates on your connections as well as potential job listings that you may be interested in. The job listings that are sent to me are based off the data collected from my profile which makes everything so much easier because it's all just sent to you in a little personalized package. Linkedin has made the term "job hunt" more into the "job walk". Their is not very much effort that has to be done on your part because they do all the hunting for you.

Another great subscription is TED. As I was ranting and raving in my previous post about TED, well it's just that. TED is TED. They have an amazing site that reaches out to a very wide audience. When I receive emails from TED I am usually sent potential TED Talks I may be interested in based off my viewing history. To me this is amazing. I honestly would rather get an email with list of catchy headlines vs. taking the time to manually search and find.

So all an all are email subscriptions effective? Absolutely! If the company, product or service has interested you why not come back for more? And the perfect way to keep me coming back for more is sending me personalized suggestions based on me. At times it gives me a sort of uneasy feeling knowing that somebody or thing out there, I have never met, knows me. Maybe just a little to much about me. But that's just what's happening in today's age.

0 comments:

Post a Comment