Links

Thursday, October 9, 2014

On 4:40 PM by Cup of Jo   1 comment
What is emerging media? Emerging media merging media is that it is communications – of all types – based on digital technologies, and increasingly with interactive components. 

Back when I was growing up all we had was newspaper, magazines, billboards, radio and tv. TODAY we have various channels to work with through today's digital technologies. If you ask several people how they get their news I am sure most would say through a website or some sort of social media. I know I do. When I am on Facebook I tend to scroll through my news feed and view what my friends have shared for the day. Topics that interest me or lure me into whatever outlet they have been viewing. 


Today we have hundreds to thousands of emerging media outlets. Just to name the more common outlets would be Facebook, instagram, whatsapp, google+, linkedin, vimeo, youtube, the list goes on. It amazes me how companies have utilized these outlets in so many different ways. I am sure as time goes on there will continually be more outlets that our developed. But as for what is now. Emerging media is TODAY. 

1 comment:

  1. How do you feel emerging media is being used in advertising today. Is it successful or not. Who is doing it right and why? What new media is coming down the pike that may even work better.

    ReplyDelete