Links

Sunday, October 19, 2014

On 11:57 PM by Cup of Jo   2 comments


This is the first time I have been introduced to this and after doing some digging and research I am completely fascinated with this. I had no idea that this was even possible. I have seen things like this in movies but never thought I would live in a time where it was actually happening. Before this was all science fiction but now we have moved into a world where all this is possible. 

So how does it work? Basically you can point your phone at anything. he phone recognizes images just like the human brain. The phone will pull information from an infinite library of knowledge, experience and ideas. For example if you point your phone at an image such as a painting the painting will come to life and will execute a description of the history of the painting and the subjects will be able to talk and come to life. You can point your phone at an old newspaper and the imagery will come to life. Displaying information that we never thought was possible. 


I guess the question is "how does it do that?". Augmented reality is not magic. It is real and proving that as we are progressing with time and technology. What we thought was not possible , is actually possible.

2 comments:

  1. It is very exciting. I can see so many uses for this technology. I defiantly want to look into this and give it a try. I need to update my phone however first.

    ReplyDelete